August 24, 2011

Summer's End

For students and teachers, it's 'back to school'. For allergy sufferers, the Ragweed Wars have begun. For those who believe in planning ahead, it's time to start thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas. For knitters, seamstresses, and other fashionistas, it's time to start on those gorgeous fall projects and outfits. For writers, it's time to start thinking about NaNoWriMo (cue ominous music).
For me, being self-employed and not enrolled in any school, the end of summer doesn't mean a big change in schedule or activities (aside from the beginning of the orchestra season). But I do like to use it as a time to regroup, rethink, clear the clutter out of my schedule and to-do lists, basically just step back and breathe for a moment.
For that very reason, my blog has been somewhat neglected for the last couple of weeks, as I'm sure you've noticed. I've been busy finishing up miscellaneous projects I've procrastinated over long enough, reorganizing my music teaching schedule, fighting off a nasty summer cold/allergies, outlining my plan of attack for writing projects this fall and winter, and yes, making plans for blogging over the next several months.

I'm still going to be taking a break from blogging for the next week--as chaotic as my life tends to be, I need all the organizing and planning time I can get. : ) But don't worry; I haven't forgotten about all my loyal readers and followers, and on September 1 things here at the Lair will be back up and running full speed as we move into a busy new season. I'll still be focusing a lot of my blog posts on issues unique to speculative fiction and those who write it, of course, but I also have some exciting things in the works for taking a look at other fun aspects of fiction, as well as chats with writers about 'The Writing Life'.
So don't worry--the blogging sabbatical I've been on is only temporary, and I'll be back soon. So enjoy the end of your summer, everyone, and be sure to stick around for when things here at the Lair get lively on September 1!

~ Mary Ruth

4 comments:

  1. I fall into three of those catagories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...NaNoWriMo...did you have to remind me? After the chaotic disaster last November was, I'm not sure I even want to THINK about NaNo just yet... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! I wish I had time for NaNoWriMo.
    Oh well. I wish you the best on that all the while hoping I'll be able to do it some year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to say I've missed your blog posts, and I'm looking forward to your September return!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts on this post? I'd love to hear your comments, questions, or ideas, even if you don't agree with me. Please be aware that I reserve the right to delete comments that are uncivil or vulgar, however.